Diana Wong at the Sample Space podcast asks Mindy about race, romance novels, and what it means to be able to see oneself reflected in popular narratives.
Suzy Turner at Fiction Dreams asks me charming questions and I try to give charming answers and basically here is your charm bomb.
The New York Times's Anna North asks Mindy and some other media types about stress reads and my alter ego talks about Lord of Scoundrels.
• Alexandra Alter of The New York Times mentions the Practice Perfect books in a piece about increasing diversity in romance publishing.
• "Witty, dryly funny, contemporary romance" A mention in Alyssa Cole's chat with Paulina Velasco about the demand for diverse romance on NPR's Marketplace.
• Book Riot's "When in Romance" pod covers the Crimson shutdown and recs Acute Reactions and the trilogy.
• "[Y]ou might just want to get the whole Practice Perfect collection." Book Riot's Jessica Pryde with a fabulous list of romances by or about POC.
• "'The Long Run' by Ruby Lang (5 stars) blew me away.... I love this m/f romance centering older POC activists in Harlem so so much." Corey Alexander of Corey's Book Corner
• "Lang's books are hilarious... Clean Breaks will leave you feeling satisfied and convinced that life's problems, no matter how messy, can eventually put you on the path to happiness and fulfillment." Alyssa Cole for Shondaland
• "Rarely does a romance novel see Miss Bates guffaw, snort-laugh, and read the final page with great, gulping sobs, except Ruby Lang's Clean Breaks did!" Miss Bates Reads Romance
• "Hard Knocks is a sweet, opposites attract sports romance with a smart doctor who won't be pushed around by a gruff hockey player." Amanda Diehl for B&N Reads
• "Ruby Lang's books get better and better. I liked her first, Acute Reactions, loved the second, Hard Knocks and I adored Clean Breaks." Ana from Immersed in Books
• "[Hard Knocks] is the sort of swoony read that I recommend to all of my prose-obsessed friends. Very few writers can turn a phrase quite like Ruby Lang." Kay Taylor Rea for Book Riot
• "I am absolutely, unreservedly in love with Clean Breaks by Ruby Lang." A Recommended Read from Jennifer Porter of Romance Novel News
• Hard Knocks is on Book Riot's list of 100 Must-Read Sports Romances
• " Lang writes funny, feisty, and quirky characters finding love in all the wrong places." Alyssa Cole for Culturess
• "Women and Anger in Romance" (a look at Hard Knocks) from Romance Novels for Feminists
• "Ruby Lang just landed on my autobuy list." Cooking Up Romance
• "Such cute and smart banter!" Mandi Schreiner for USA Today's HEA Blog
Selected Writing (as Mindy Hung)
• Home Alone Together, Brain Mill Press, Mar 20, 2017.
• Mavis Gallant and Me, Or Where Are You From, Catapult, Aug 29, 2016.
• Herbs and Things, Brain Mill Press, Apr 20, 2016.
• Report from Romancelandia: The 35th Annual Romance Writers of America Conference, The Toast, August 3, 2015.
• Billion Dollar Ladies, The Toast, May 6, 2014
• All the Sporty Ladies, The Toast, Feb 25, 2014
• Love in Colour, The Toast, Nov 20, 2013
• Bad Sex in Romance Novels, The Toast, Sept 30, 2013