New series from Carina Press! The first novella, Playing House, is out now! Open House is out on November 11, 2019, and House Rules comes out on February 10, 2020. More details here!
Avery Flynn talks about city planners and tiny desks with Ruby on Frolic.
Suzy Turner at Fiction Dreams asks Ruby charming questions and she tries to give charming answers and basically here is your charm bomb.
• "Open House is everything that's great about contemporary romance. Cute but sexy, fluffy but weighty, it features fully-realized characters with relatable issues stumbling angrily into love against the hot, atmospheric backdrop of summer in NYC." Talia Hibbert for Bustle.
• "For such a short novel, Lang also writes with startling clarity and detail – Oliver and Fay’s inner lives are painted with great care, and the subtle details of the houses they visit and spaces they inhabit provide an exquisitely drawn backdrop for their love story." Maureen Lenker on Playing House for Entertainment Weekly.
• Erin and Clayton discuss Playing House on their always excellent podcast, Learning the Tropes..
• "In Playing House, Ruby Lang combines two of my favorite things: romance and real estate." Maya Rodale for NPR Books.
• "It's pure pleasure watching [the characters] fall headlong as they deal with family stress, future plans, and a possible working relationship." Olivia Waite on Playing House for The Seattle Review of Books
• "It's such a smart, witty book, and the characters express depth, humor, intelligence and authenticity." Bobbi Dumas on Hard Knocks for Kirkus.
• Jasmine Guillory shares 12 favorite romance novels with O, The Oprah Magazine and includes Acute Reactions!
• Alexandra Alter of The New York Times mentions the Practice Perfect books in a piece about increasing diversity in romance publishing.
• "Witty, dryly funny, contemporary romance" A mention in Alyssa Cole's chat with Paulina Velasco about the demand for diverse romance on NPR's Marketplace.
• "Lang's books are hilarious... Clean Breaks will leave you feeling satisfied and convinced that life's problems, no matter how messy, can eventually put you on the path to happiness and fulfillment." Alyssa Cole for Shondaland
• "[Hard Knocks] is the sort of swoony read that I recommend to all of my prose-obsessed friends. Very few writers can turn a phrase quite like Ruby Lang." Kay Taylor Rea for Book Riot
• "Ruby Lang just landed on my autobuy list." Cooking Up Romance
Selected Writing (as Mindy Hung)
• Home Alone Together, Brain Mill Press, Mar 20, 2017.
• Mavis Gallant and Me, Or Where Are You From, Catapult, Aug 29, 2016.
• Herbs and Things, Brain Mill Press, Apr 20, 2016.
• Report from Romancelandia: The 35th Annual Romance Writers of America Conference, The Toast, August 3, 2015.
• Billion Dollar Ladies, The Toast, May 6, 2014
• All the Sporty Ladies, The Toast, Feb 25, 2014
• Love in Colour, The Toast, Nov 20, 2013
• Bad Sex in Romance Novels, The Toast, Sept 30, 2013